Stat Counter

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

There Will Be No Roses in My Future

Dear Readers,

I wanted to share with you a breakthrough that occurred last night.  As always, this is stuff you never knew you wanted to know in the first place.

A lot of things happened last night.  Many decisions were made, and I am now not the same person.

Last night, I decided to do something productive with myself and instead of watching "The Bachelor",              I decided to read for an upcoming class.

One of the classes I'm taking this semester is "Psychiatric Disorders"..and there's a lot of reading to be done.  Turns out, there are a lot of disorders out there.

So instead of watching "The Bachelor", I read.  About Psych Disorders.

But because, I'm me, I still DVR'd the thing.  Which honestly, I think is worse than actually watching it.  Why??  Because watching the show could be done accidentally...I could accidentally be switching through the channels and stumble upon the show.  But DVR'ing it...That's intentional.  It's pre-meditated and planned out.  Which is why it is worse than just straight up watching it.  

After an hour or so of reading...Naturally, I got hungry.  It was at this point that I decided to turn on my TV...


Then my brother calls...So, I mute the show and talk to him for a while. 

After we get off the phone, I still have the show muted...And decide to just watch a little of it...muted.

It was after approximately thirty seconds that I came to a life changing decision:
I was done watching this show.

In that thirty seconds...I was visually assaulted by: the horrible acting, theatrics, and just overall ridiculousness of the show.


And because I'm reading about Psychiatric Disorders...And thought that this show would give me some great examples of what I was reading about...I continued to watch the show muted for about 5 minutes.  It was probably the worst and yet most eye opening 5 minutes of my life.    

For the five minutes that I tuned in (muted) what I saw was offensive.  It was the rose ceremony at the end of the show...and some girl decided to basically pass out.  I think she was upset because she thought she wasn't going to get a rose from "The Bachelor"??  (I don't know...I hadn't watched any of the episode.)  This is what I told myself that was going on...as I watched it muted.  

It was the above stated girl that did it for me.  I couldn't understand what her deal was.  I think this was the third episode??  So she'd probably spent... a total of ten minutes with "The Bachelor"??  And in those ten minutes...decided the fate of her life depended on him giving her a rose??  The Bachelor", Ben, has a personality of a mop.  And not even a cool Swiffer mop...just a regular mop.  I wouldn't cough for him, much less shed an actual tear.  I just didn't get it.  Or her.  Or really, the premise of the entire show.    

To make a short story long...I can no longer watch this show.  I'm done.  After I don't know how many seasons it's been on...I'm quitting it.  I'm going to go cold turkey.

I guess I just saw it in a different light tonight.  Also, I was reading about Psychiatric Disorders and a lot of things started to make sense...

The course of my life has now been altered.  I now will not be spending two hours every Monday evening, watching a complete train-wreck being passed off as a TV show.

I don't judge any of you that will continue to watch this show.  I have no room to talk.  I think I've seen almost every season...I know I've seen at least ten of them.  So trust me, I am passing no judgement.  All I'm saying is that I personally am discontinuing my love affair with "The Bachelor".

There will be no roses in the future for this gal.

Let's Reflect:  What Have We Learned:
  • Worse than actually stumbling upon "The Bachelor" is DVR-ing it.
  • Worse than DVR-ing it, is watching it muted.
  • Worse than everything...is crying over a mop.


So, I Ask You:
Did you watch last nights episode?? If so, do you or do you not think that if the producers put a Swiffer Wet Jet mop in place of Ben...it would make for better TV??



Forever, Blogging About Things You Never Knew You Wanted To Know In The First Place,
Miss Oakley


**Comments are Welcomed & Encouraged.  No Judgment Shall Ever Be Passed.
**Feel Free to Share.  Sharing is Caring.
**Should you wish to read more of my profound thoughts throughout the day...
    Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, dear. Soon you will realize that you've very likely done yourself an emotional and intellectual favor of sorts...We'll be enjoying PBS informational documentaries like "can we live forever" with Neil Degrasse Tyson (world renowned astrophysicist)...Which is not only fun to watch (like the bachelor), but you can increase your PRACTICAL knowledge instead of, well, whatever trivial dreck you get from watching the bachelor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart PBS and as you know, want to live to be super super old. And obnoxious. I may actually learn something from PBS...Whereas watching The Bachelor I don't believe anything was ever learned. Maybe, what NOT to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG couldnt agree with you more!!

    http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete