Stat Counter

Thursday, January 19, 2012

An Open Letter To My Zit and SOPA

Dear Readers,

Today, I would like to take the time to discuss something that has been on my mind for a while.

Naturally, this is something you never knew you wanted to know in the first place.

My blemish.

Who has decided to become one with my face.

I've tried everything to get rid of it.  And now, as a last resort I am going to try to SHAME it into hiding.

This zit and I have a special bond and we've been together for a while.  About two weeks now.

This thing is a "Repeat Offender."

A "Repeat Offender" to me is just like what it is in the criminal justice system.  It is someone who has committed a crime.  Repeatedly.  And this "someone" is my not so good friend, Mr. Blemish.

I don't know what is going on here.  I'm an adult.  I shouldn't be getting blemishes. That's what Junior High was for.

My dermatologist is going to have me try out some new creams.  I can't wait.  The last time I tried out some new stuff my face looked like I had chicken pox.

So everyone brace yourselves for "my new face."  It will be coming to you soon.  I'm going to try this stuff out this weekend.

And in other news...


As you know probably know by now there's this whole SOPA thing going on.

Gizmodo posted a good article that explains what SOPA is and means.  You can check their article out HERE.

I personally, think the whole thing is ridiculous.  Of course the internet shouldn't be censored.  That's why we use it in the first place.  To get info.  Without censorship.

Seriously, if I wanted to live in North Korea and have my online activities severely limited...I'd live there.

But, I live in the U.S.  And I'm pretty sure that's why the founding fathers started this country.

Instead of complaining about it.  We need to do something about it.

We need to get all up in the legislative system and let our voices be heard.

Sign the petition:  Tell Congress: Don't Censor The Web.

I refuse to be silenced.  I must continue blogging about important things such as:
My Middle School Mustache.
The American Dream.
Interpreting Really Bad Pop Songs.

Let's Reflect: What Have We Learned?
  • I have a blemish.
  • SOPA is ridiculous and we need to sign the petition.
  • No one is going to stop me from telling awkward stories.

So, I Ask You?
What is your thoughts on this whole me having a zit/SOPA thing??  Will you sign the petition??



Forever, Blogging About Things You Never Knew You Wanted to Know,
Miss Oakley


 **Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed. 
 **As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
 **Should you wish to read more of my completely profound thoughts throughout the day...


          Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

2 comments:

  1. My secret is really thick moisturizing cream. Like Cetaphil. I swear every time I break out, it's like my skin just needed some lotion.

    SOPA is ridiculous. Censorship is ridiculous. The fact that we're even talking about this in the US is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete