Stat Counter

Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Moving: An Announcement and An Analysis

Dear Readers,


There are a couple of things I would like to share with you today.  They are both things you didn't know you wanted to know.

What I will be sharing are two things:
1.  An Announcement.
2.  An Analogy.  


An Announcement:  I'm moving.

Not far though.  I'm moving approximately 1.2 miles away from where I currently reside.  I could walk there.  And I have.

I'm moving in with the boo.  And his bro.

Due to the current situation that is:  MY LIFE:  it has been decided that it would be in my best interests to move out of my ridiculously overpriced apartment, and in with my lover and his brother.

I think it's for the best.  The main reason is that, I have been waking up to nothing but Saturdays for over a year now (aka I'm unemployed) and my apartment is $1,100/month.  For 600 square feet.  In IOWA.

$1,100/month isn't that much if you were living in basically any major city in the U.S.  But not Iowa.  It is my firm belief that the state of Iowa should be PAYING ME to live here.  And not the other way around.

At any rate, a couple months ago we had a "family meeting" and decided I had to move.

The decision was really really really hard on my part.  For a lot of reasons.  Mainly, my pride.  But you know what trumps pride??  The option of having to live in your car.

Another thing that trumps pride is LOVE.

An Analysis:  Will I Make a Good Roommate??

I haven't lived with another human being in over two years.  Lately, I've been wondering if I'll make a good roommate.  I do a lot of what could be considered "bizarre" things that may not be well received.


Things That I Do That May Not Be Well Received:
  • I have daily dance parties by myself.  Why??  Because it's fun. 
  • Sometimes I don't like to wear pants.  Why??  They're restrictive.
  • I now will have to be semi-accountable for my daily activities. (See the above two statements.)
  • I night feed.  Meaning:  I eat during the night and wake up with no recollection of what went down.  Most nights I wake up with a couple of wrappers in my bed, a jar of peanut butter, cereal...whatever I can get my hands on.
  • Sometimes I have Fashion Shows when I get bored.  My fashion shows consist of me, trying on everything in my closet.  Then wearing myself out and sleeping on a pile of clothes.
  • I'm not sure if I'm the best person to share a bathroom with.  Why??  Because I'm female and therefore come with a lot of lotions and various beauty products.  
  • I have a bunch of stuffed animals.  
  • I like to "sleep in".  And after a year of not working, seriously, that's what happens.  You start embracing sleep.  Also, you don't have that much going on so why not??  

However, on the other hand there are some things that I do that may make me a good roommate.

Things That I Do That May Be Well Received:
  • I am easy to get along with. 
  • I am also easily entertained.
  • I like people.
  • I like to keep things fun and never know what I'm going to do next.  Literally.  I have no idea what I'm going to do next.  This keeps things interesting.  Both for myself, and for others.

So, we'll see how this all turns out.  I have until next Monday to be out of my apartment.  So, I'll be packing and moving all this week.  It should be a good time.  I heard moving in the winter is super fun. 


Let's Reflect:  What Did We Learn?
I'm moving.
I don't like to wear pants at times.
I'm pumped to move in the winter. 


So, I Ask You?
Do you make a good roommate??  Do you believe that I will??  Why or why not??  Do you love moving in the winter??

Forever, Blogging About Things You Need To Know,
Miss Oakley


 **Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
 **As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
 **Should you wish to read more of my completely profound thoughts throughout the day...


          Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

2 comments:

  1. lots of luck on that one. It doesnt make sense to pay rent when you dont even have a job. welcome to the real world. I could never in my life live with my lover and bro or sis. There is no privacy and level of comfort really. Hopfully things will work out but I think you are in for some not so easy times..good luck to you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether it makes sense or not...I need to pay rent with or without a job. Unless I want to live in my car. Which, I do not. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. So here I am living with my boo and bro. It's working out and I couldn't be happier.

      Delete