Stat Counter

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Restaurant Review: The Tavern of Sadness

Dear Readers,

This is an urgent and highly important blog post.  Consider it a warning.

We (myself, the boo, and the boo's bro) just had the        un-pleasure of dining at The Tavern II in the lovely metropolis of West Des Moines, Iowa.  The whole experience was sad.  In fact, I now have a major "Case of the Sads."  I was excited to go there because I heard they had great pizza.  And I LOVE PIZZA.  I mean LOVE.  I'd marry a deep dish Chicago style pepperoni if it was socially acceptable.

The whole thing is false advertising...It's not even a Tavern/bar.  It's "The House of Sad" is what it is.

We were so underwhelmed by the whole experience that we decided to write a review on Urban Spoon.  For those of you that don't know what Urban Spoon is:  it is a restaurant review guide for "popular" cities in the US, UK, Australia, and Canada. 

My Official Urban Spoon review can be found here.

Or you can read it below:

The Tavern of Sadness II
by observationsbymissoakley (1 review)

I've heard tons of good things about this place, so we decided to check it out. I don't know if everyone is confused...or if no one has actually been to Chicago...but the "deep dish" wasn't Chicago style deep dish. Pizza Hut deep dish maybe?? Pizza Hut's prices are more reasonable however.

The whole experience was underwhelming. The decor in the restaurant instantly made me sad. It was a cross between Village Inn/Miller High Life Lounge/and an old Hardees. Without the atmosphere...or the ball pit for kids.

In summary:
Not Chicago Style Deep Dish.
Overpriced .
Depressing Decor.
Don't believe the hype.

**Do you know who makes the best Chicago-style-deep-dish-pizza??   --------->CHICAGO

So, I Ask You:
When/where was your last underwhelming restaurant experience??  Do you love pizza??  Do you think Hardee's should bring back the ball pit for kids/(me)??


Forever, Reviewing Horrible Restaurants So You Don't Have To,
Miss Oakley

 **Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
 **As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
 **Should you wish to read more of my completely profound thoughts throughout the day...
          Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

No comments:

Post a Comment