Stat Counter

Sunday, December 4, 2011

An Open Letter: Dear Facebook, I've been Cheating on you with Twitter

Dear Facebook,

We need to have a talk.  I've been cheating on you now for a while...With Twitter.  Twitter and I have been having a secret love affair for some time now.  

It's just that Twitter GETS ME.  It feels so natural, so right.  Twitter understands me...It understands that my attention span is that of a gnat and I can only pay attention to things under 140 characters or less.  It understands the need for me to creep up on celebrities twitter feeds and see what they're doing.  It understands my need to intermittently share my profound thoughts throughout the day. 
(With seemingly no transitional statements and what appears to be completely random thoughts...)  

I can do some things with Twitter that you'd never do with me Facebook. Twitter lets me be myself.  I can tweet 100 tweets a day and no one says anything about it.  If I were to post 100 updates on you Facebook...it wouldn't fly.  It would be considered "socially inappropriate".  

Facebook, I feel like you and I have been growing apart these last couple of months.  

It's not me.  It's you.

I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet on us Facebook though.  I'm going to give this thing another shot.  We've been together for years now and I can't just throw what we have away.  We have hundreds of friends together...A Ton of pictures...A bunch of comments on our updates (most of them from my mom...yet, still comments).

I don't know if it's because Twitter is younger and hipper or what...but I'm starting to lose interest in you Facebook and I thought you should know.  We've always been open and honest with each other and I wanted you to hear it from me first.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's Reflect:  What Have We Learned:

  • I'm in the midst of a torrid love affair with Twitter.
  • Facebook may not be "the one".
  • Tweeting 100 times a day is ok.  Facebook updating 100 times a day is not ok.

So I Ask You:
Who do you love more:  Facebook or Twitter??  Have you Facebook-ers found yourself eyeing twitter lately??  Do you think Facebook is going to understand??  

**Should you find yourself on "Team Twitter", my handle is @MissOakley
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forever, Blogging About Things You Never Knew You Wanted To Know In The First Place,
Miss Oakley

 **Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
 **As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
 **Should you wish to read more of my completely profound thoughts throughout the day...
          Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

2 comments:

  1. Twitter is SO MUCH BETTER! All of these points are very valid. FB makes me want to pound my head against the wall. Twitter makes me laugh annnnd informs me of what is going on here, there and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My attention span sometimes is around 3 seconds...So that's why twitter works for me.

    ReplyDelete