Stat Counter

Thursday, December 1, 2011

I Keep A Karaoke List On Me At All Times

Dear Readers,

I wanted to discuss something very important today.  Karaoke.  And music.  And dancing.  Basically, a lot of stuff needs to be talked about today.  And as always, what we will discuss is something that you never knew you wanted to know in the first place.

Ok, I keep a lot of lists.  A lot.  I make lists FOR my lists.  One list I keep on me at all times is my Karaoke list.  You never know.  You never know when you are going to be in A-Karaoke-Situation.  One could spring up on you at any time.  I like to be prepared.

I don't even like to sing really.  I'm also not very good at it.  Mainly, I just like to have fun.  And nothing is more fun than to make a fool of yourself.  Publicly.

The last time my girlfriend's and I Karaoke'd we song the classic hit "Buttons" by the Pussy Cat Dolls (Ft. Snoop Dogg).  My main reasoning for this particular song choice was that:  I could do Snoop's part.  In fact, that was exactly my rationale for wanting to sing that song in the first place.  I said "Guys," (I call all my friends Guys...doesn't matter girls/guys...everyone is a guy...) Ok, so I said "Guys, I can totally sing the Snoop part.  Pretty sure I was born to do it.  Let's croon it out."  In addition to singing we also thought we should dance to this song too.  For more of an effect.  So it was pretty much a Win-Win (Well for everyone but the people actually having to watch/hear us...I'm pretty sure they lost).  But, a Win-Win for us anyway.  If there's something that I love more in this world besides music...it's dancing.  If you happen to be unfamiliar with this particular lyrical masterpiece you can hit it up on YouTube below.  We pretty much sang, danced, and rapped just like the video.

Additionally, I would like to add that I was born with gift.  One that must be shared.  The gift of dance.  Again, I'm probably not good at it.  But it's fun.  And once again, nothing is more fun than to make a fool of yourself.  Also publicly.  Ok, it's not really a gift...it's more like a compulsion.  Whatever, it makes me happy and no one gets hurt (except anyone that happens to witness it going down.)  I'm also pretty sure no wars were ever started because someone loved to dance too much.  Think about it...

I will dance anytime...anywhere.  It doesn't matter.  For example, last year a girlfriend and I were at Express at the mall...And I had to have my girlfriend hold my bags...SO I COULD BREAK IT DOWN.  It was 4am (Black Friday), so it just felt right.

To be 100% honest with you...I have daily dance parties in my apartment.  It's a party of ONE.  But it's still a party.  I try to remember to close all the shades in my place...but every once in a while I forget...And that's when my neighbor's get a glimpse into my day.  I haven't had any formal complaints filed that I know of...

And while I'm on the topic of dancing.  Do you not think that Usher's "Yeah" is the greatest dance song of all time??  WHO IS WITH ME??!!  I swear to you, when this song comes on, I will stop whatever I'm doing and give it all I've got.  I'd be willing to go as far as to start a petition to turn Usher's "Yeah" into our new National Anthem.  Now don't get me wrong, the National Anthem is the bomb...And I heart patriotism...But just think about it...Is there nothing more American than "Yeah"??!!

If you don't believe me, take a gander at this video below.  If this video doesn't make you at least tap your toes...You need to check your pulse.

And for extra awesomeness, anytime you throw Lil Jon into the mix...It's going to be an instant hit.  That guy is a lyrical genius.

So my point is...

Ok, I don't think I even have a point but basically can we just all agree that "Yeah" is the bomb??

Anyway-Not-Even-Going-To-Put-A-Transitional-Statement-In-Order-To-Get-Back-To-What-I-Started-Talking-About...

My karaoke list.  Right now I have two songs on it.  That need to be sung.
1)  "No Diggity"- Blackstreet
2)  "This is How We Do It"- Montell Jordan

Evidence of their awesomeness is below...

Alright, so the main point of this blog post is that: you should always carry a karaoke list on you at all times.  I do.  And look at how far I've come.  

So Let's Reflect, What Have We Learned:
  • I am not good at singing or dancing, yet I love to do both.
  • No wars were ever started as the result of someone breaking it down.
  • I have daily dance parties because it feels right.  And natural.
  • "Yeah" is hands down, the best dance song in modern history.

So I Ask You:
Do you carry a karaoke list on you at all times "just in case"??  If not, after reading this...would you be willing to at least consider carrying one??  Do you feel that Usher's "Yeah" is the best dance song ever??  If not, what's your favorite??  

Forever, Blogging About Things You Never Knew You Wanted To Know,
Miss Oakley

 **Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
 **As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
 **Should you wish to read more of my completely profound thoughts throughout the day...
          Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

No comments:

Post a Comment