Stat Counter

Friday, November 4, 2011

Real Talk: Pajama Jeans

Dear Readers,

More invaluable information I feel must be shared...

So, I'm watching the news last night and it started giving me a "Case of the Sads."  I feel like sometimes the media tries to"Out-Sad" us as consumers.  They start off with a sad story...Only to follow it with a story more sad than the first.

For a while there, I stopped watching the news altogether.  The actual news news (on TV).  I still got my info, but I turned to a different source.  That was when I started my love affair with Twitter.  It's been a beautiful relationship ever since.

Ok, so back to my reason for this post...Last night the news was sadding-me-out.  I feel that as a society we aren't discussing the real issues at hand!  We should be taking about Pajama Jeans and we're not.

The other night in class, a friend and I were talking about Pajama Jeans.  How we got on the subject, we will never know.  The class is on Disability Policy (so I'm pretty sure Pajama Jeans were not on topic).  At any rate, this is what we talked about after class.  Between the two of us we could not come up with a conclusion on the subject.  We left it open to interpretation and further discussion.

We, as a country, need to come up with some sort of unified agreement on the subject.  A treaty of sorts.  We need to come to some sort of a decision on this as a society.  Come on, the election is coming up next year...We need to know where we stand on the real issues.  This is going to turn into a full blow crisis if not addressed.  


So I'm just going to put it out there and do what needs to be done.  We need to have some open dialog and discussion about the issue at hand.  


So let's get into it:

REAL TALK:  Pajama Jeans

Are they a Do or are they a Don't??  (I know most of you are screaming in your head that this is clearly a DON'T)...

Hear me out on this one.

As with any major decision we need to weight our options and do a Cost-Benefit analysis.  I went ahead and did this for us.  This is sound data.  I interviewed myself and asked myself some tough questions.  So the Cost-Benefit analysis is pretty much factual.

Benefits to Pajama Jeans (as I see them..):

  1. They look super comfortable.
  2. Pajama's are soft and friendly.  
  3. Who doesn't like pajama's??  (Seriously, WHO...I want names) 
  4. Who doesn't like jeans??
  5. I'd wear pajama's all day if society said I could.  
Costs to Pajama Jeans:
  1. They look ridiculous.
  2. They even sound ridiculous.
  3. Have we gone so far as a society that we need to combine two great things??  Can't we leave well enough alone?
  4. It's not socially acceptable to be a full grown adult and show up to places in your PJ's.  This feeling may transfer over to the PJ Jeans.  There could be some sort of potential political fall out as a result.
  5. Didn't we do this last year with the Jegging??

Now, I like jeans.  A lot.  I have a bunch of them.  However, if I had to decide between wearing pajama's 24/7 or jeans 24/7...I'd pick the PJ's.

So that brings us back to the:  "The Pajama-Jean-Situation-of-2011."  I feel like it's a lot like      
"The-Jegging-Crisis-of-2010" all over again.

Before we collectively as a society make our final decision.  Let us look at the facts:

And the facts happen to be this You Tube infomercial and a picture I took at Walmart the other day.


Picture taken by yours truly at WalMart

So I ask you...Could you get away wearing these things??  I'm not talking every day.  But let's say you wake up late, you're rushing, and can't find an outfit to wear...All your clothes are dirty...The only options you have left is between your old prom dress/suit, a soccer uniform from high school, your swim suit, and the Pajama Jeans.  Could you or could you not...under these circumstances...put on a pair of Pajama Jeans and be seen in public??  

I don't know as a society, where we should stand on this issue.  We need to have an official vote or something.  Some sort of conclusion.  If not, I'm going to suggest that this whole thing be a Ballot Proposition in the upcoming Iowa Caucus.

So Let's Reflect:  What Did We Learn?

  • We need to do some REAL TALK and get down to the real issues.
  • There are both Costs and Benefits to the Pajama Jean.
  • "The-Pajama-Jean-Situation-of-2011" will turn into a full blown crisis if not discussed as a society.

So I ask you:  Where do you stand on this issue?  Are you for or against?  And what is your reasoning for the basis of your decision?  Do you believe that we are in fact on the verge of a crisis situation ??



Forever, Blogging About Things I Feel You Should Know,
Miss Oakley

 **Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
 **As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
 **Should you wish to read more of my completely profound thoughts throughout the day...

          Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

No comments:

Post a Comment