Stat Counter

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dog Roommates, Big Pun, and My Closet

Dear Readers,

I wanted to share with you what a person does on a Tuesday.  This particular person happens to be in their 11th month of "Being Awesome"/aka unemployed...and has some free time on their hands.

This person may or may be me.

I haven't lived with an actual other human being for about two years now.  A couple of dogs...Yes.  A actual person??  No.


My Former Roommates: 
Ciara and Squeaker
Ciara
Squeaker


Pooh Bear
A weirdo and Mr. Bingley








This is probably for the best.

Why??  Well, right now my apartment is completely covered in clothes.  Literally every inch of my place is covered in clothes.  There's stacks of ish everywhere.  But you know what??  No one but me knows about the mess I've got going on right now.

Alright, now you know.  But other than that.  No one else knows.  I'm pretty sure my secret is safe with you.

The thing about living by yourself is that you basically are accountable to NO ONE.  If I wanted to sit around in my pj's all day on the couch and eat cereal...No one would know.  Therefore, no one would care. Have I actually done this??  The answer is:  Yes.  Until I ran out of cereal.

Don't judge.  You try and "Be Awesome"/unemployed for 11 months and tell me you don't find yourself sometimes eating entire boxes of cereal while watching "The Nate Berkus Show".  (Sidenote:  I love him).

I've thought about putting up surveillance cameras throughtout my apartment and live-feeding my situation 24/7 online...only to keep myself accountable.  Also, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that would love to watch what I do throughout the day.  I got this idea from watching this Shiba Inu Puppy live web cam.  Seriously, earlier this year I straight up watched puppies play...for hours.  If they can do it (the puppies), so could I right??  I'm not sure if almost 30 million people would watch my live feed......But still...it's an option.

IF there were cameras throughout this place this is what you would have seen today:
  • Me eating cereal for about an hour this morning.  (I was really hungry).  And then watching some YouTube videos. (Aka catching up on the news).
  • Me doing some homework.  
  • Me tanning.  Sunless tanning that is.  
  • Me doing my eyebrows.  I now don't look Bert from Sesame Street.  There are two completely separate eyebrows.
  • And then me having  the genius idea of cleaning out my closet...

Which brings me to this blog post. I'm taking a break.  I have gone too far this time.  I'm NOT a quitter...but seriously cleaning up this mess right now would take a Hazmat team.  I actually considered for a minute to call Merry Maids.  But that's ridiculous.  Even for me.

So for the past 4-ish hours I've been getting after my closet situation and intermittently dancing to Big Pun.  That guys is right:  I DON'T wanna be a player no more.

Actually, I don't wanna be cleaning out my closet no more.

So this is my attempt to put my life "out there"...on the internets...and try to keep myself accountable and finish my little project.

Will I finish??  No one knows...

Let's Reflect:  What Have We Learned:
  • I've not lived with an actual person for years, just dogs.  And it's for the best.
  • I love Nate Berkus.
  • I love puppies and Big Pun.
  • I don't wanna be a player or clean my closet.


So, I ask you:
Do dogs make good roommates??  What are your thoughts on Big Pun??  Do you still wanna be a player?? Do you want to clean my closet??

Forever, Blogging About Things You Never Knew You Wanted To Know,
Miss Oakley

 **Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
 **As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
 **Should you wish to read more of my completely profound thoughts throughout the day...
          Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

10 comments:

  1. I've seen your closet and the answer is NO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sidebar: Oh, Pooh! He should have been mine

    Dogs make the best roommates, I have to say.

    My own personal closet needs a makeover, but it is such an overwhelming task, so I will worry about that another day.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Love cereal - I don't think my comments are adding much to your blog, but I am trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lesli...I'm not concerned about what is or is not being added to this thing. This entire blog (and my closet) is a mess. My main concern is that of self-entertainment. And that, my friend, is what you are doing...entertaining me.

    Pooh would have loved to live with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, seriously do you even know who Big Pun is??!! He's a lyrical genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to love that your mom reads your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only does she read it...but she also calls me up after reading and asks 20 questions. She is constantly questioning the validity of my stories. Which, as you can imagine, is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, Oh Shannon, you crack me up. Big Pun makes me think of... middle school? I think? I can't remember.
    I miss Pooh Bear and Bing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big Pun makes me happy. And that's what life is about...The little things...like Big Pun.

    I miss those guys too. I've never been pet-less like this before. I need to visit your Animal Kingdom soon and hug on your lil fur family.

    ReplyDelete