Stat Counter

Monday, October 31, 2011

There Is Something I Need to Confess

Dear Readers,
Not my pic, don't sue.

First of all, Happy Halloween.  Secondly, there is something I need to confess.  I'm going to just come out and say it.  I'm a closeted Celeb magazine/column/blog/really bad reality show fanatic.  Yeah, I have a thing for all things celebrity.  I don't know why.  I always have.  Always will.  

I think part of it is that no matter what is going on my life...Somehow reading about some of the things these celebs get themselves into makes my little predicaments seem not as bad.



For instance:  Let's say I'm having a bad hair day.  Is is as bad of a hair day as when Britney Spears shaved her head??  Or the horrible weaves that she now wears??



See what I mean??

It has just been announced that Kim Kardashian is filing for divorce.  After a long 2 months of marriage.  **Gasp!!**  No one saw this coming!!

Nothing says "Happy Halloween" like filing for divorce right??

The truth of the situation is she banked around $20 mil to pretend she was married for about two months.

If you subtract the time that she was on her honeymoon, traveling, and the actual wedding...she was actually married for about a month.

I'm not the best at math but:
  • If you consider a "business week" to be 5 days.
  • That's 20 days in a month.
  • Do some quick math...
The chick made about $1 million a day to pretend to be in love/married.


Is she heartless OR is she an amazing business woman??  It could go both ways.  


Not my picture, please do not sue.
At any rate...The story is blowing up on Twitter.  A little FYI...Twitter is the main source of all of my information.  Why?  Because some days I only have the attention span of 140 characters.  I'm not alone in this either.  Societies shrinking span of attention.

At any rate, I felt this was something you needed to know.

What are your thoughts on this??  Is she heartless or a savvy business woman??  Are you too a fan of all things celeb??

I will be updating this breaking story throughout the day on twitter.  Follow me at:  @MissOakley

 Forever, Blogging About Things I Feel You Should Know,
      Miss Oakley

      **Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
      **As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
      **Should you wish to read more of my nonsense throughout the day...
          Follow my twitter account @MissOakley

12 comments:

  1. Not going to lie, I'd totally get married to absolutely anyone for a month or so to bank $1 million a day. For him, I might even stay married a month longer. I'd probably make sure that my guests didn't buy me expensive crap, though.

    Also, I'm sure Al would quickly let you know if your hair was as horrendous as Britney's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she's a business woman, for sure, but it seems like maybe her business is prostitution. It's a little different, but not much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've dated people for a month and NOT gotten paid for it...When I totally should have.

    And yes, you're right...Al would let me know. Immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed...but in a passive aggressive yet positive/humorous way...I say part of her thought process was indeed for business: people as aesthetically marketable as Kim are conditioned for a tenuous and fleeting definition of what love and moral obligations mean for them...she'll have longer relationships one day---but it's not true love that will spur it duration; it's the loss of youth and our cultures commodified definition of beauty that will ease her decision to settle...

    -Al

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and Shan-Shan, you rock...I love your Blog---keep on truckin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was totally a business decision/total sham. All the $$ made off the wedding + everything she will make off of the divorce = business genius.
    Love your blog Shannon!

    Al, reading your comment made my head hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But what about the big question.....does she get to keep the ring?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course she's keeping the ring. That was most likely part of the initial business agreement. No girl (that I know) would ever agree to a planned marriage, knowing that she'd have to give the ring back. If I'm signing up for what is essentially going to be a Divorce in 2 months...I'M KEEPING A SOUVENIR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both are going to need a TEAM of LAWYERS because they have so much to divide up over there 2 month marriage....like who sends out the "Thank You" cards for the lavish gifts they received. How to divide up the wedding/honeymoon pictures, how to divide up the money from the PEOPLE magazine stories? This divorce could take years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom, They've already worked it out. They worked it out before they were even married. The judge has probably already signed off on the divorce papers. This wasn't a regular marriage that just didn't happen to work out. This was a marriage of convenience, marketing, and the end goal to profit from.

    @Amber- Totally agree with you. Business genius.

    @Al- Agree completely.

    @Amber/Al- Yes, Al's use of the English language is unique. Good unique though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The story completely disgusts me. I get it. It's a lot of money, but it pisses me off that couples in a same sex relationship that have been together forever do not have the civil right that they these two bozos have.
    Plus, all that money?! Could have gone to something much, much better. Obviously. The lengths of extreme extravagance that the Kardashian family goes to is concerning to me. And also disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do not EVEN get me started sister!! Ok, I've started...Apparently they allow ANY straight couple to get married. Multiple times if need but. But the same right isn't extended to same sex couples?? Shouldn't they have the right as well...to haphazardly get married and then get a divorce 2 months later??

    Luckily in Iowa, we all everyone the right to marry. But I think our entire country needs to get with the program.

    ReplyDelete