Stat Counter

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Make An Appointment: With Yourself

Dear Readers,

This week I have been talking about the importance of making goals and creating action plans.

One way I personally have held myself accountable is by setting an appointment: With myself.

I have several part time jobs and attend graduate school part time as well. In order to make sure that I have time to get my gym workouts in: I have started to schedule appointments with myself. I schedule these self-appointments as if I was meeting a client. Only, I am meeting myself. And honoring my goal.

This has helped me look at my week ahead and look for areas of (workout) opportunities. When I have some free time, I set an appointment. With me.

This is something that I have been doing for several months and it has been working. And therefore, I am sharing my strategy with you.

Ways you can schedule time for yourself:
Schedule an appointment with yourself in your planner.
Write your goal on your daily To Do list.
Put your goal on a post it note and place it somewhere where you will see it every day.
Or set an alarm on your phone for yourself.

Over the years, I have done all of the above strategies for various goals. The main thing is that you find your own personal method that works.

Blogging until the internet says I can't,
Miss Oakley

No comments:

Post a Comment