Stat Counter

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Do I Have the Flu? Another Weird Tale of 2013.

Dear Readers,

So far, 2013 has become: The Year of the Weird.

Three days into the new year...And I now think I have the flu.

Yesterday, I was trapped in my basement all morning. And now...this.

I was just telling my significant other this morning, how there was NO WAY I'm getting the flu that has been going around. Two hours later: Flu City.

Next time, I think I'm going to tell him how there's no way I'm winning the lottery.

But in all honesty, I can't tell if I'm actually sick.

Do I have all of the symptoms?? Yes.

However, I also have had a lot of counseling training. Which leads me to believe, this whole thing may just be inside my head.

I am now halfway through my counseling master's degree. And despite all odds, I've learned a thing or two about how the mind works...how MY mind works.

And now I just can't get sick. Before starting school, I'd just get sick. I'd get the flu. Take a couple days off. And be over it. I could tell people I had the flu. They would understand. Life would go on.

Now...it's different.

Now, I think about everything 100 different ways.

Now I think: "Am I REALLY sick?" "Or, is this all in my head?" "What am I really trying to do?" "Why do I want to be sick?" "What bigger need does being sick fulfill??"

AND THEN I JUST BARF DUE TO THE ABSURDITY OF MY OWN THOUGHT PROCESS.

So, to make a short story long: I don't know if I'm sick. I have the symptoms. But, due to my chosen profession/thought process, I have no idea.

In summary, I've decided to just work today and just see how it goes. If I happen to barf on a client, then I will know: I'm actually sick.

The end.

As Always, Sharing my Inner Thoughts,
Miss Oakley

**Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
**As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
**Follow me on Twitter @MissOakley 
**PS, If you're a fan of the blog you could become a "Follower" and have posts emailed to you.  It's a pretty elite and exclusive group of followers...so consider yourself lucky.  It's like winning the lottery...Except minus the money part.


2 comments:

  1. Oh girl.........it never ends, does it? I hope you feel better....or get your head straight.....whatever needs to happen in order for you to feel better--sending happy barf free thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For no cost, I can entertain myself for life. Just by being myself! I'm feeling better. Or...am I?? There's no way to really know. Like I said, I've decided to just keep going until I actually barf on another person.

    ReplyDelete