Stat Counter

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Just Remembered: I'm Getting Married

Dear Readers,

I am getting married next year. I'm not saying this to brag: I'm actually saying it to REMIND myself of it.

As I sit her working on...work...I decide to take a break. My break involved me: eating some almond butter (because it's delicious) and reading a friends blog about her wedding. Then realized: I too am getting married. 

I would make a horrible Bridezilla. Seriously, I haven't planned really anything for our wedding yet. Except the location and theme. But not really any of the details. And somehow I'm ok with it.

I realize I should probably start by getting a dress. But every time I look for dresses, I get bored after about ten minutes...

It all ends up with me watching puppy videos's on YouTube.

My non-interest in my own wedding most likely has to do with the fact that my fiance and I would rather just go to the courthouse. We are doing this for others. Because that's what others want. And I respect the others in my life and understand that they just want to be a part of our love and celebrate our union. I get it. I get that people love love and want to partake in it. And events are fun. And because of all of this...We shall have a wedding.

I've never been one to celebrate myself. I even have a hard time with my own birthday. The only reason I participate in my own birthday is because there is cake.

AND I LOVE CAKE.

It's delicious!

Maybe I should go cake tasting to get myself into the whole wedding thing??  But cake tasting may just make me fall off the health wagon I've been on the past couple of months.

The last thing I want to do after working out for 7 months straight is the fall hard off the healthful living wagon...into a pit of cake...Only to end up at an all you can eat Pizza buffet.

It would be the end of an era.

I decided to pen this blog as a cry for help. Someone help me get into my own wedding!! Have an intervention with me or something! Send me photos of beautiful dresses! Kidnap me and take me to a flower store! Lock me inside a Hobby Lobby until I write down some ideas!

Being a reformed toyboy could also have something to do with this. It's an event just getting me to take a shower. I've only recently started painting my nails. I've never worn false eyelashes. I REFUSE to wear a strapless bra for ANY reason.

If you want me to be real with you: I'd be happy wearing sweats to my wedding. Or a smart pant suit.

I'm a wedding mess guys. Help me get into it.

And this concludes my plea for help.

Miss Oakley

No comments:

Post a Comment