Stat Counter

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year in Review

Dear Readers,

I had one of the best years of my life. However, it came after one of the worst years of my life. 


I appreciate all that I had to go through in order to become so blessed. I know that I had to have some downs...to have the ups. 


What I've learned is that: We are all one one circumstance away from either great fortunes or extreme misfortunes.


 Embrace the now and all that is going on in your life.


Nothing is forever good, nor bad. It just is. 


In the words of Forrest Gump: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get." 


I'd go a step further and say...if you get a piece of chocolate that you don't like (like the weird one that tastes like chalk in the middle)...learn to like the taste of chalk. 


Most likely, the next piece won't be a nasty chalk-in-the-middle kind. It will be delicious. And worth the gross piece before. 


Embrace the bad, for it often leads to good. And embrace the good, because it's only temporary. 


Perspective is key. 


Cheers to a New Year!


Miss Oakley
**Comments are welcome & no judgement will be passed.
**As with everything I write, Feel Free to Share.
**Follow me on Twitter @MissOakley 
**PS, If you're a fan of the blog you could become a "Follower" and have posts emailed to you.  It's a pretty elite and exclusive group of followers...so consider yourself lucky.  It's like winning the lottery...Except minus the money part.


2 comments:

  1. Wise words, my friend! Happy New Year!! xoxo

    Lesli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete