Stat Counter

Monday, December 3, 2012

After a Brief Hiatus...

Dear Beloved Readers,

First, let me apologize for being gone so long. I blame: Life. And all of the stuff that comes along with it.

I've added some new fun things into my schedule that have caused me to be away from the blogging for a while: several jobs, planning a wedding, doing research, graduate school stuff, and a new found dedication to fitness...yadda, yadda, yadda...life stuff.

So, after a brief hiatus: I'm Back.

In all honesty, I have a 6 week break from Graduate school and that is why I'm making a comeback.

I always feel guilty for blogging when I have homework/assignments/papers/research to do for Graduate school.

When I'm in school I tend to focus on that. Some may say too much, but it's important to me.

At any rate, school is out and that means I'm back to posting things on the internet!

Everyone get fired up.

So I am going to try and blog as frequently as I can. I really miss it. It's therapeutic for me.

My goal is to try and come up with a focus. For me the main problem is that I am interested in SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS that my blog has remained without a focus. It's mainly random and all over the place.

I'm going to have a meeting with myself and narrow my interests down. Hopefully then I can gain a better insight into myself. I will take a vote of everyone present at the meeting and narrow down my focus. I will then take those interests and poll them with a the members of my board: myself in the morning (a complete grouch), and myself in the afternoon (wildly optimistic.) So a pretty valid audience. An all around solid plan.

Mainly, I want to help people. I plan on doing that with: information, randomness, humor, and sharing some of the research that I have been doing in my studies.

Also, I'm open to suggestions. So suggest away. I'm pretty much on every social networking site known to man, so get a hold of me through whatever avenue you prefer.

I'm also toying with the idea of starting a counseling/therapy/wellness blog. Seriously. Snicker away all you want. But the fact of the matter is: I've paid for my internet subscription and they let ANYONE have a blog nowadays. So try and stop me. Seriously, will someone try and stop me??? (This is my cry for help.)

If no one stops me, I may go ahead and move forward with this little nugget of an idea that I have. So my blog may at some point in the near future turn into something legit. Or something with some real focus. Or a huge mess. I'm ok with any of the previous stated sentences coming to fruition.

At any rate, I have many things I want and need to share. And I'm just going to start putting it out there. For reasons unknown people read this thing. Like a lot of people. The reasons as to why someone would read this are unclear. Yet, it's a fact. And if people will read it, then I'm just going to keep after it.I need your help though guys. What would you like to read about? Since there are quite a few people that have read this disaster of a "blog", I want to make something that matters. Or a real mess. Either way, I'm going to give it a shot. My goal is that my writings will help others. In some way.

Help me help others.

So here is what I am asking of you, dear readers: What would you like to read about? If you have suggestions you can:

  • Call/text me
  • Facebook me
  • Email me at: oakley.miss@gmail.com or observationsbymissoakley@gmail.com
  • Tweet at me @missoakley
  • Send a carrier pidgeon over with a handwritten note
  • Stop by my place and bang on my windows until I put some pants on and answer the door

Examples of some of my writings:
The Amish Exist
No Shower, No Problem
It's Non Fun to Tell Someone that They Smell...And Not in a Good Way

Yours Truly,

Miss Oakley

No comments:

Post a Comment