Stat Counter

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Can I Perform a Citizens Arrest at the Gym?

Dear Readers,

I have a question: Can you perform a Citizens Arrest at your gym? Seriously, I need to know. If so, I'm going to get back in my car and get after it.

What I saw tonight was beyond abhorrent. It was borderline ridiculous.

Now we've all seen the guy that works out in jeans.

Or the one that wears flip flops.

And never mind that older gentleman I saw over the summer working out IN HIS UNDERPANTS.

None of the above mentioned have enraged me to the point of blogging about it.

No, what I saw tonight was G R A P H I C.

Brace yourselves.

Sit down if you have to.

What I saw was:

A PERSONAL TRAINER EATING A BAG OF PEANUT M & M's.

Why am I so offended by this??

Because he's a professional and was blatantly doing everything that goes against what he stands for.

I gave him a HARD look.

Like, really hard. And I'm not one to look hard. But this guy caused me to visibly shake my head in disgust.

I wanted to take his badge and work the rest of his shift.

Do I know what personal training involves? No. But  I do know that it does not involve eating bags of M & M's while working. And therefore, I think I probably could have finished his shift off better than what he was working with.

Clearly, he had given up.

The thing that makes me the most upset is that I too am a professional. And I practice what I preach. It is my belief that if you are going to charge people to listen to you...You should at least follow your own advice. You should take your profession seriously. And if that means part of your job is to dish out nutrition advice: Do not stuff your face with candy.

At any rate, I needed to put this out there. Trainer at the gym: I SAW YOU. I do not know who you are, but I'm against what you're doing.

The last time I was this upset was when I was a Drug Rep and I saw a Doctor smoking in his office.

Very upsetting.

Being in the health business myself, I know it is important to set a good example. And "model" good behavior. Candy isn't a good example.

So get it together personal trainer. I'm watching you and blogging about it.

The End,

Miss Oakley

No comments:

Post a Comment