Stat Counter

Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Daughter, My Teacher

I'm about 2 and half months into being a new mom. And I have to say, motherhood has really shuffled my deck of cards. Never have I been so introspective and mindful in my life. It has challenged and changed me as a person. I'm truly in a process of becoming. And knowing that I do not know everything. And never will. Could that be the point of this whole human experience?

Motherhood has been so many different things. My soul has awakened and yet my spirit is at times, exhausted.

Through my daughter, I am learning so much. She has been the tiniest of teachers, with me being her frazzled pupil. She is so present and in awe of the world and this has made me more aware of what I am doing, how I am spending my time. Always watching and learning from me. It's quite the responsibility.

While at the same time, just balancing keeping it all together. And knowing now that this does not have be perfect.

I'm starting to become a better person through my child. More empathetic towards the human condition. I have made amends for things I did not know previously, while also feeling connected to other mothers and my community as a whole. My tribe is expanding in ways I never imagined.

This all sounds kind of over the top, but I truly am in the midst of a transformation. I'm awake and yet exhausted all at the same time. Full of love and frustration at once.

I could write an extensive list of things she has shown me to be true. But I'm choosing to let the feelings flow and continue to grow and expand, day by day. For now it is best to not define what is happening and allowing the process to unfold itself. Perfect in its imperfection.

My daughter, my teacher. I'm learning from her, through her each day.

Mom Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment