Stat Counter

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!

The New Year is upon us and that means resolutions! Most years I resolve not to resolve. That keeps the bar pretty low. As I say that I look back and each year for the past five years I did something big: start grad school, got engaged, started a company, got married, finished grad school, had a baby...
I can't even remember if that was the order how everything went down. Let's just say that's how it went and leave it at that. So as I say I have in the past resolved not to resolve, I still did some pretty big things.

This year I am just going to wing it. And by "it", I mean everything. There is no set schedule of how things "should" be from here on out. A couple months ago I had all these grand ideas of goals and how my life would be post-baby. And then I actually became a mother and then reality set in. And that's okay, reality is good. It's real.

Of all things in my life it took having a mini human that is half me, half my husband, half herself (I'm not the best at math)...to get me to just drop the act and go with the flow. And I am looking forward to it.

So of all of things I have done, I am looking most forward to 2016 and not having anything on the agenda except doing life. I have a lot to be grateful for. Look, I'm four paragraphs into this thing and I am still making sense. I may print this off and put it on the fridge.

Okay, that's it for now. Back to hiking up my jeans and doing the mom thing. And by jeans, I mean my pj's...because it's 1pm and that's what I am wearing currently. YOLO.

Peace, Hugs, and Diaper Wipes,
Mom Jeans


No comments:

Post a Comment